On 10/18/2016 04:13 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 1:00 AM, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com> wrote:
The test executes "select pg_sleep(10)" and tries to cancel it. In recent
master builds, cancel seems to be ignored, and the statement lasts for 10
seconds.

My guess is it's related to this:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=9e083fd4683294f41544e6d0d72f6e258ff3a77c
That's certainly not intended to break things, but that was changed on Oct
17 and it relates to cancel keys.
What platform does the postgres server run on? Can can you check if query
cancel works on libpq or if it's completely broken?

I can confirm that query cancel is broken in HEAD on RHEL6.

regression=# select pg_sleep(10);
^CCancel request sent
... nothing happens for the balance of the 10 seconds ...
regression=#

There's a smoking gun in the postmaster log:

2016-10-18 09:10:34.547 EDT [18502] LOG:  wrong key in cancel request for
process 18491

Ok, I've reverted that commit for now. It clearly needs more thought, because of this, and the pademelon failure discussed on the other thread.

- Heikki