On 10/20/2016 08:54 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
On 10/20/2016 06:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On 10/19/2016 07:22 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
On 10/19/2016 06:27 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Hrm, true although that is by far a minority of our users. What if we
made it so we disabled the autovacuum guc but made it so you could
disable autovacuum per database (ALTER DATABASE SET or something such
thing?).

Well, that wouldn't fix the problem; people would just disable it per
database, even if it was a bad idea.

I doubt this very much. It requires a different level of sophistication.

General users (not you, not me, and certainly not Haas or Lane) don't run anything but an application backed to an ORM. They understand a conf file but they aren't going to touch anything they consider
"underneath".

Sincerely,

JD

                        +1-503-667-4564