On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 11:49, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Not if we expect pg_autovacuum to be able to work. It *needs* this
> > information.
>
> Why?
>
> The implementation I've had in mind for autovacuum would rely on FSM not
> the pg_stats daemon.

FSM as I understand it gets it information from vacuum, and has an space
marker removed when an insert uses the tuple.

Determining when vacuum runs would be based more on Deletes / updates
than anything wouldn't it?

Anyhow, I'd be curious to know your full thoughts on autovacuum and how
it may work.

--
Rod Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc