Hello,

>And ideally fix things so
>that the type of the view column will be resolved as text, so that you
>don't hit this condition in the first place; but there is no good that
>comes out of allowing a view to be created like this

Thank you for suggestion. Attached is a patch which resolves the columns
with literal constants as TEXT for view creation.

Following views can be created with literal columns resolved as TEXT.

postgres=# create view v as select 'abc' a;
CREATE VIEW
postgres=# create view v1 as select 'def' a;
CREATE VIEW
postgres=# \d+ v1;
                            View "public.v1"
 Column | Type | Collation | Nullable | Default | Storage  | Description
--------+------+-----------+----------+---------+----------+-------------
 a      | text |           |          |         | extended |
View definition:
 SELECT 'def'::text AS a;

This allows following queries to run successfully which wasn't the case
earlier.

postgres=# select a from v UNION select a from v1;
-----
 abc
 def
(2 rows)