On 09/01/17 11:31, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Jan de Visser <j...@de-visser.net> wrote:
Your fear of C in unfounded. The definitive c89 reference is a little book of
about 250 pages, more than half of which is about the standard library of
which you'll never use more than half. If you have some notepaper laying about
on which to scribble pointer diagrams you can be a C programmer to :-)
The reference guide of Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie? Definitely
a must-have!

I learnt C from the original version of K&R, and bought the ANSI version when that came out - at the time I was a COBOL programmer on a mighty MainFrame (with a 'massive' 1 MB of Core Memory and a 'fast' 2 MHz processor). Now I use Java.

Cheers,
Gavin