On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1. strict_multi_assignment - checks the number of target variables and
> source values.

I've proposed this before (maybe around a year ago), except the checks were
done at parse time, rather than runtime.  I much prefer that approach.  If
I recall correctly, the patch was considered to be good, but not good
enough since it didn't handle all contexts (perhaps FOR loop were missing,
or something; I forget).

> 2. too_many_rows - checks if returned rows is more than one

I've also proposed this, and it was rejected because it was a runtime
check, and some people don't like runtime checks.

.m