On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:12 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hmm, that is a bit of a problem.  Do you have a suggestion?
>>
>> Copy that string pointer into the EState, perhaps?
>
> OK, that sounds good.

Thanks a lot Tom and Robert for the suggestions. Please find the
attached file for the revised version of the patch, wherein I added an
extra pointer for queryString in EState and populated it with
queryDesc->sourceText in standard_ExecutorStart. Later, in
ExecInitParallelPlan a token for queryString is created in shared
memory which is used in ExecParallelGetQueryDesc and
ParallelWorkerMain as before (in version 1 of patch).

Please let me know your feedback over the same.

--
Regards,
Rafia Sabih