On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> If I had to bet on the basis of this much info, I would bet that the
> parallel-query infrastructure is dropping the ball somewhere and
> transmitting a corrupted datum that accidentally looks like it is
> an expanded-object reference.

There's code in datumSerialize() that is intended to do the right
thing with expanded-object references.  But it could have a bug, of
course.  That function gets called from SerializeParamList(), which
might be another place to look for problems if the crash can only be
reproduced when there are statement parameters.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company