On 1/23/17 6:55 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Jim Nasby (jim.na...@bluetreble.com) wrote:
As others have mentioned, right now practically no one enables this,
so we've got zero data on how useful it might actually be.
Uhm, Peter G just said that Heroku enables this on all their databases
and have yet to see a false-positive report or an issue with having it
enabled.

That, plus the reports and evidence we've seen in the past couple days,
look like a pretty ringing endorsement for having them.

I'll ping the RDS crowd and see if they'll tell me what they're doing
and what their thoughts are on it.

Oh, I read the thread as "there's no data to support checksums are useful", not "there's no data to support there's little risk of bugs or false-positives". I certainly agree that Heroku is a good test of both of those.

IIRC Grant's mentioned in one of his presentations that they enable checksums, but getting more explicit info would be good.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)