> > > reimplement
> > >

> > The TableExpr implementation is based on SRF now. You and Alvaro propose
> > independent implementation like generic executor node. I am sceptic so
> > FunctionScan supports reading from generic executor node.
>
> Why would it need to?

Simply - due consistency with any other functions that can returns rows.

Maybe I don't understand to Alvaro proposal well - I have a XMLTABLE
function - TableExpr that looks like SRF function, has similar behave -
returns more rows, but should be significantly different implemented, and
should to have different limits - should not be used there and there ... It
is hard to see consistency there for me.

Regards

Pavel