On January 27, 2017 07:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> ... The things I think are unique to the currency situation are: ...

Add the potential for regulatory requirements to change at any time - sort of
like timezone information. So no hard coded behavior.
    rounding method/accuracy
    storage precision different than display precision
    conversion method (multiply, divide, triangulate, other)
    use of spot rates (multiple rate sources) rather than/in addition to
time-varying rates

responding to the overall idea of a currency type

Numeric values with units so that you get a warning/error when you mix
different units in calculations? Ability to specify rounding methods and
intermediate precisions for calculations?
+1 Good ideas with lots of potential applications.

Built-in currency type?
-1 I suspect this is one of those things that seems like a good idea but really
isn't.