Tom Lane wrote:
I have just noticed that 7.3 and CVS tip reject a query that was
accepted in earlier releases:

regression=# create table t1(f1 int, f2 int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# create table t2(f2 int, f3 int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# select t1.f1 from t1 join t2 on (t1.f2=t2.f2) group by f1;
ERROR:  Attribute t1.f1 must be GROUPed or used in an aggregate function

In the plain inner-join case, there isn't any semantic difference
between "f1" and "t1.f1", but does that mean we should treat them
as the same grouping column?  I'm not sure.  Anyone want to try these
cases on other DBMSes?

I did the above on MSSQL2000 -- it works with no error. I haven't been able to get at a development Oracle db, but I'll try to tomorrow.

Joe

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?