On 02.02.2017 01:07, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 2/1/17 8:26 AM, Nikita Glukhov wrote:
Some comments about the code: I think it would be better to
 * add function for extraction of scalars from pseudo-arrays
 * iterate until WJB_DONE to pfree iterator

I'm not sure what your intent here is, but if the idea is that a json array
would magically cast to a bool or a number data type I think that's a bad idea.

My idea, of course, is not about casting any json array to a scalar.  It is only
about helper subroutine for extraction of top-level jsonb scalars that are
always
stored as one-element pseudo-arrays with special flag F_SCALAR in the array
header.

--
Nikita Glukhov
The Russian Postgres Company