Corey Huinker <corey.huin...@gmail.com> writes:
> Well played (again). That one ranks up there with "and don't call me
> Shirley." I meant in the specific psql-context, does it do anything other
> than (attempt to) terminate sent-but-not-received SQL queries?

It also flushes the input buffer.  I think it is probably reasonable to
let it cancel interactive \if state as well.  A useful thought-experiment
is to ask what behavior you'd want if we had metacommand loops ... and
I think the answer there is pretty obvious: you'd want control-C to kill
a loop.

I'm less sure about what it ought to do when control is somewhere in
a script file.  I *think* we have things set up to kill execution of
script files altogether, in which case we have the answer a fortiori.
If not, there's room for discussion.