Lamar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> But it is in (and used by) psql (as of 7.3.2).

Certainly.  I don't see a problem with that as far as the source
distribution goes; you can build it with readline, libedit, or neither.
Binary distributions are another matter.  I think a pretty good case
could be made for switching the RPMs to use libedit, if one wants to be
morally pristine about license issues.