On 25/02/17 09:02, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 2/24/17 12:28 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I think these are straw-man arguments, really.  Consider the actual use
case for such a feature: it's for porting some application that was not
written against Postgres to begin with.
I'm not sure that's totally true.  I think at least some requests for
this feature are intended at satisfying somebody's sense of
aesthetics.

If I had $1 for every time I had to chase someone away from using camelcase I'd be able to sponsor a key at the next conference. And honetly I'd actually like to be able to use camelcase and still get easy to read output from \d & co.

IOW, this is definitely NOT driven just by porting efforts. I think the only reason we don't hear more requests about it is people (grudgingly) just muddle on without it.

I'd love to be able to successfully use camelcase for things like variable and table names in pg, without having to quote everything - but never felt it worthwhile to ask for it.

Cheers,

Gavin