Tom Lane wrote:
Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

"wal_debug" is seldom used outside of Postgresql source development or unusual system failures, and should therefore go last.

BTW, it occurs to me that wal_debug is one of the hacker-only variables that probably ought not be documented at all. I cannot imagine any use for it for the average DBA.

Um, not documenting it is probably not a good move for us, however putting it at the end in a section marked "Developer Focused" or something similar would probably have the right mix of messages. i.e. "hands off" + "not a performance tweak", etc.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi