On 3/17/17 18:35, Tomas Vondra wrote:
I'm struggling to find a good way to share code between
bt_page_items(text, int4) and bt_page_items(bytea).

If we do it via the SQL route, as I had suggested, it makes the
extension non-relocatable, and it will also create a bit of a mess
during upgrades.

If doing it in C, it will be a bit tricky to pass the SRF context
around.  There is no "DirectFunctionCall within SRF context", AFAICT.

Not sure what it has to do with DirectFunctionCall? You want to call the
bytea variant from the existing one? Wouldn't it be easier to simply
define a static function with the shared parts, and pass around the
fctx/fcinfo? Not quite pretty, but should work.

Perhaps what was added in
<http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/29bf5016835a2c2c23786f7cda347716c083d95f>
would actually work here.

This thread has been idle for five days. Please respond with a new patch by 2017-03-30 00:00 AoE (UTC-12) or this submission will be marked "Returned with Feedback".

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net