On 4/6/17 14:32, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I like to see any proposals about syntax or implementation.
>
> Using PRAGMA is one variant - introduced by PLpgSQL origin - Ada
> language. The PRAGMA syntax can be used for PRAGMA autonomous with well
> known syntax. It scales well  - it supports function, block or command
> level.

I had pragmas implemented in the original autonomous transactions patch
(https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/659a2fce-b6ee-06de-05c0-c8ed6a019...@2ndquadrant.com).
 However, the difference there is that the behavior is lexical, specific
to plpgsql, whereas here you are really just selecting run time
behavior.  So a GUC, and also something that could apply to other
places, should be considered.