Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

We make pg_get_xxx2 functions that return a formatted version. Internally, we just add an extra boolean parameter to the pg_get_triggerdef() function in ruleutils and we call that true or false depending...

That's what I got too!
Several weeks ago I proposed such functions as contribute module to this list, with no result. Seems I'm not the only one that wants to read his/her trigger/view/rules after pushing them into pgsql...
Difference from Christopher's solution is that mine utilizes completely separatated (copied) code, so ruleutils code is still unchanged. This was a concession to Tom who claimed concerns about pg_dump not being able to reproduce things correctly if there was *any* error in it.
Maybe we get some progress now on this topic?

Regards,
Andreas

http://archives.postgresql.org