Sebastien Lemieux wrote:
Hi,

I need to extend postgreSQL to support some specific function I will code in C (ideally C++ if it can work!).

Be very carefull with using C++ functions inside postgresql. If the C++ code throws an exception the postgresql backend will get a SIGABRT and terminate.

You can solve this by linking the std c++ library to the postmaster. We tried everything we could think of to fix this, but this was the only solution that worked.