Sorry didn't see it (& still can't in my inbox - where was it sent?)
Mine was a hack based on reading that sa_family_t should be 16 bits (in RFC 2553 IIRC) to solve a cygwin specific problem.
If you have a general solution then that is much better than mine
thank you,
- Stuart

Bruce Momjian wrote:
I am confused why you didn't like the following patch I posted, which
pulls the family data type length right out of the structure, rather than
having to configure it for every OS that doesn't have sa_family_t?

deststar wrote: