> On 24 Apr 2017, at 17:19, Craig Ringer <craig.rin...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 24 April 2017 at 20:01, Daniel Gustafsson <dan...@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> I’m np Perl expert though so there might be better/cleaner ways to achieve
>> this, in testing it seems to work though.  rmtree() is supported at least
>> since
>> Perl 5.6 from what I can see.
>
> I'd rather just have the 'make' target nuke the relevant tmp_check dir
> before rerunning the tests. Right now it just deletes the logs.

Makes sense, assuming a “clean slate” to run on seems a reasonable assumption
for the test and it makes for simpler code in PostgresNode.  Updated the patch
which now have static datadir names; retains on PG_TESTS_NOCLEAN or any kind of
test failure; and allows for cleaning datadirs without having to use make clean
(seems the wrong size hammer for that nail).

cheers ./daniel