On 05/02/2017 09:30 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
I am not sure how critical is this problem. Definitely it rarely happens,
but lack of normal workarounds (restart backend, recreate function?) seems
to be  disappointing.
The problem goes away if you reconnect.  The problematic cache is only
backend-lifetime.

Most of clients are not connected to the Postgres directly, them are using some
kind of connection pooling.
It means that backends are never restarted. And it will be necessary to restart
the whole service just because we do not have
dependency tracking mechanism for PL code. Even invalidation of all functions
in case of DDL seems to be more acceptable solution.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company