Hi,

I observed that -we cannot publish "foreign table" in Publication

postgres=# create foreign table t (n int) server db1_server options (table_name 't1');
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE

postgres=# create publication pub for table t;
ERROR:  "t" is not a table
DETAIL:  Only tables can be added to publications.
postgres=#

but same thing is not true for Subscription

postgres=# create foreign table t (n int) server db1_server options (table_name 't');
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
postgres=# alter subscription sub refresh publication ;
NOTICE:  added subscription for table public.t
ALTER SUBSCRIPTION

Is this an expected behavior ? if we cannot publish then how can we add subscription for it.

--
regards,tushar
EnterpriseDB  https://www.enterprisedb.com/