Hi,

There is small issue in the HINT message which we provide at the time of dropping subscription ,where we are saying -WITH (slot_name) which need to change with SET (slot_name).

postgres=# drop subscription sub;
ERROR: could not connect to publisher when attempting to drop the replication slot "pub" DETAIL: The error was: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
HINT: Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... *WITH* (slot_name = NONE) to disassociate the subscription from the slot.

expected = "HINT: Use ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... *SET* (slot_name = NONE) to disassociate the subscription from the slot."

--
regards,tushar
EnterpriseDB  https://www.enterprisedb.com/