peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com>:

> You cannot publish a system catalog.  But a user-created table in
> information_schema is not a system catalog.

Replication of information_schema tables works. However, pg_dump doesn't
include information_schema tables into CREATE PUBLICATION command
(user-defined information_schema tables aren't included in pg_dump even
*before* logical replication). IMO allow publish/subscribe of tables into
information_schema is harmless (they aren't special tables like catalogs).
Also, how many people would create real tables into information_schema?
Almost zero. Let's leave it alone. Since pg_dump doesn't document that
information_schema isn't dumped, I think we shouldn't document this for
logical replication.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/