On 2017-06-07 20:31, Robert Haas wrote:

[...]

[ Side note: Erik's report on this thread initially seemed to suggest
that we needed this patch to make logical decoding stable.  But my
impression is that this is belied by subsequent developments on other
threads, so my theory is that this patch was never really related to
the problem, but rather than by the time Erik got around to testing
this patch, other fixes had made the problems relatively rare, and the
apparently-improved results with this patch were just chance.  If that
theory is wrong, it would be good to hear about it. ]

Yes, agreed; I was probably mistaken.