Hello Victor,

While reviewing Corey's \if patch, I complained that there was some
amount of copy-paste in "psql/command.c".

Here is an attempt at merging some functions which removes 160 lines of code.

I was looking through your patch. It seems good, the of the functions was very similar.

Indeed. I guess that it was initially a copy paste.

I have a question for you. What was the reason to replace "printfPQExpBuffer" by "resetPQExpBuffer" and "appendPQExpBufferStr"?

Because the "printf" version implies interpreting the format layer which does not add significant value compared to just appending the string.

--
Fabien.