Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I can get on board with that statement.  Can you draft a better wording?

> Here is an attempt.  Feel free to edit.

I think s/plan/query/ in the last bit would be better.  Perhaps

+        * However, if force_parallel_mode = on or force_parallel_mode =
regress,
+        * then we impose parallel mode whenever it's safe to do so, even if the
+        * final plan doesn't use parallelism.  It's not safe to do so if the
query
+        * contains anything parallel-unsafe; parallelModeOK will be false in
that
+        * case.  Otherwise, everything in the query is either parallel-safe or
+        * parallel-restricted, and in either case it should be OK to impose
+        * parallel-mode restrictions.  If that ends up breaking something, then
+        * either some function the user included in the query is incorrectly
+        * labelled as parallel-safe or parallel-restricted when in reality it's
+        * parallel-unsafe, or else the query planner itself has a bug.
         */