On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am able to reproduce this without involving session authorization
> guc as well.  One needs to drop the newly created role from another
> session, then also we can see the same error.

Yeah, that's how I first created the case. But concurrent dropping of role
(which is surprisingly allowed even when there are active connections with
the role active) opens another set of errors. Hence I tried to reproduce
this in a single session. While it might be interesting to fix the
concurrent role drop problem someday, the single session problem looks more
pressing.

Thanks,
Pavan

--