On 2017/09/05 13:43, Ryan Murphy wrote:
Implements feature:       not tested
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

This feature is obviously a pretty deep cut, and I don't understand the JOIN
system enough to comment on whether the code is correct.  I did not see any
issues when glancing through the patch.

Thank you for the review!

I ran "make check", "make installcheck" and "make installcheck-world" and had ALMOST no
problems:  I marked it Tested and Passed because the only issue I had was a recurring issue I've had with "make
installcheck-world" which I think is unrelated:

*** path/to/postgres/src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/connect-test5.stderr
2017-02-14 09:22:25.000000000 -0600
--- path/to/postgres/src/interfaces/ecpg/test/results/connect-test5.stderr
2017-09-04 23:31:50.000000000 -0500
***************
*** 36,42 ****
   [NO_PID]: sqlca: code: 0, state: 00000
   [NO_PID]: ECPGconnect: opening database <DEFAULT> on <DEFAULT> port
<DEFAULT>  for user regress_ecpg_user2
   [NO_PID]: sqlca: code: 0, state: 00000
! [NO_PID]: ECPGconnect: could not open database: FATAL:  database
"regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist

I tested that with HEAD, but couldn't reproduce this problem. Didn't you test that with HEAD?

But this still Needs Review by someone who knows the JOIN system better.

I think Tom is reviewing this patch [1].

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/22168.1504041271%40sss.pgh.pa.us