Hi Michael,

On 8/31/17 11:56 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Here is an updated patch with refreshed documentation, as a result of
> 449338c which was discussed in thread
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/d4d951b9-89c0-6bc1-b6ff-d0b2dd5a8...@pgmasters.net.
> I am just outlining the fact that a backup history file gets created
> on standbys and that it is archived.

The patch looks good overall.  It applies cleanly and passes all tests.

One question.  Do we want to create this file all the time (as written),
or only when archive_mode = always?

It appears that CleanupBackupHistory() will immediately remove the
history file when archive_mode != always so it seems useless to write
it.  On the other hand the code is a bit simpler this way.  Thoughts?

Regards,
--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net