[...] After another week of buildfarm runs, we have a few more cases of 3 rows of output, and none of more than 3 or less than 1. So I went ahead and pushed your patch. I'm still suspicious of these results, but we might as well try to make the buildfarm green pending investigation of how this is happening.

Yep. I keep the issue of pgbench tap test determinism in my todo list, among other things.

I think that it should be at least clearer under which condition (load ? luck ? bug ?) the result may be 1 or 3 when 2 are expected, which needs some thinking.

--
Fabien.