On 9/24/17, 10:12 PM, "Michael Paquier" <michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is a proposal of patch.

The patch seems reasonable to me, and I haven't encountered any issues in
my tests, even after applying the vacuum-multiple-relations patch on top
of it.

+                * Take a lock here for the relation lookup. If ANALYZE or
VACUUM spawn
+                * multiple transactions, the lock taken here will be gone once
the
+                * current transaction running commits, which could cause the
relation
+                * to be gone, or the RangeVar might not refer to the OID
looked up here.

I think this could be slightly misleading.  Perhaps it would be more
accurate to say that the lock will be gone any time vacuum() creates a new
transaction (either in vacuum_rel() or when use_own_xacts is true).

Nathan