From: pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:51 AM
To: Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com>
Cc: hlinnaka <hlinn...@iki.fi>; Jeff Janes <jeff.ja...@gmail.com>; Andreas
Karlsson <andr...@proxel.se>; Martijn van Oosterhout <klep...@svana.org>;
Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net>; PostgreSQL-development
<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement

Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> Heikki, do you have any plans to work more on this?
> Or does anyone else?

FWIW, I have some interest in the Apple Secure Transport patch that is in the
CF queue, and will probably pick that up at some point if no one beats me to it
(but it's not real high on my to-do list).
I won't be touching the Windows version though.  I suspect that the folk who
might be competent to review the Windows code may have correspondingly little
interest in the macOS patch.  This is a bit of a problem, since it would be
good for someone to look at both of them, with an eye to whether there are any
places in our SSL abstraction API that ought to be rethought now that we have
actual non-OpenSSL implementations to compare to.