Bruce Momjian wrote:
Marcus B?rger wrote:
BM> Marcus, would you check if PHP is using RESET ALL when passing
BM> persistent connection to new clients?  We added that capability a few
BM> releases ago, specifically for PHP persistent connections, but I don't
BM> think that ever got into the PHP code.

Unfortunately we don't do so yet. Do i need to check for errors or can i do it
unconditionally on conenction start? And i'd need to know how to check if it
is available (like starting with which version).

It first appeared in PostgreSQL version 7.2. It doesn't generate any failures. It just resets all SET settting to their defaults, in case the previous client modified them.

It does generate the usual error if the current transaction block is in ABORT state. So the correct querystring to send would be something like

"ROLLBACK; RESET ALL"

Jan

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?