(2017/11/01 11:16), Robert Haas wrote:
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.ba...@enterprisedb.com>  wrote:
The view with WCO is local but the modification which violates WCO is
being made on remote server by a trigger on remote table. Trying to
control that doesn't seem to be a good idea, just like we can't
control what rows get inserted on the foreign server when they violate
local constraints.

I think that's a fair point.

For local constraints on foreign tables, it's the user's responsibility to ensure that those constraints matches the remote side, so we don't need to ensure those constraints locally. But I'm not sure if the same thing applies to WCOs on views defined on foreign tables, because in some case it's not possible to impose constraints on the remote side that match those WCOs, as I explained before.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita