--On Monday, August 04, 2003 17:54:41 +0200 Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bruce Momjian writes:

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Is it intended that libpq is always compiled with the so-called
> "thread-safe" compiler option, regardless of whether I used
> --enable-thread-thing?

It certainly should not be doing that, but my OS has no thread flags, so
I am not seeing it here.  What exactly do you see?

It's using -D_REENTRANT etc. (linux template) when compiling libpq.
I think we WANT to do that for libpq so it can be used in a threaded app, since there
is no libc_r on Linux to the best of my knowledge.

I intend that to happen on UnixWare as well.

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster