following is taken from postgresql-7.3.2/src/backend/storage/lmgr/readme:

"If we are setting a table level lock
        both the blockId and tupleId (in an item pointer this is called
        the position) are set to invalid, if it is a page level lock the
        blockId is valid, while the tupleId is still invalid.  Finally if
        this is a tuple level lock (we currently never do this) then both
        the blockId and tupleId are set to valid specifications.  "

how do we check whether blockId and tupleId of LOCK.tag are valid or invalid?
is blockId same as tag.objId.blkno? what field in LOCK.tag is tupleId?
thanks
jenny