> I could see that being nice so you could create a couple of different
> custom log types, then use one for one database, and another for a
> different database.

Point them to different log files and you've got yourself a great
feature.

> For people running large numbers of databases on a single cluster, it
> might be quite useful to be able to log each database differently.

You bet. Hosting companies give clients the option to pick up their
weblogs. This would be a good feature for those.  Make the log come out
similarly as apache, and you've got yourself some webalizer screens with
funny URLs (queries ;).