Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Regarding second item, I don't think anyone suggested autodropping objects, or else I misunderstood. (That would be dangerous, to say the least, IMHO).

I agree, but some applications might use tables dedicated to a specific user. While this is IMHO not a good style to use a RDBMS, people working like this would appreciate a DROP USER CASCADE.

Regards,
Andreas