Gmane,

I just checked in a fix to the jdbc driver for this. The problem was that the connection termination message was being passed the wrong length, which really didn't have any other adverse side effect than this message in the log, since the connection was no longer being used.

thanks,
--Barry

Gmane Smith wrote:
Using
   Mac OS X 10.2.6
   Pgsql 7.4 (postgresql-7.4beta1) from postgresql.org
   devpgjdbc2.jar
and WebObjects 5.2

I get LOG: invalid message length
when EOModeler creates my database.

When I built PostgreSQL I specified --with-pam --without-readline

Since I don't have ant the "--with-java" failed so I left it off.

Should I go back to a more stable JDBC driver?  Or should I press on?
Thanks.