Probably because I worked on thread safety and produced a patch. If
someone done the same for PITR and produced a patch i'm sure it would
have generated much more interest. I couldn't have done PITR, so no
loss of resource there.

Was Bruce planning to do the PITR work? If so I guess a lot of his
time's been spent on integrating patches and the like - leaving less
time for other developments.

L.