Tommi Maekitalo wrote:

Hi,

the patch did not help.

Strange. Do you get a client side message "hba.conf entry for ::ffff.127.0.0.1 missing"?
On my system the usual 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 is correctly converted to
::ffff:127.0.0.1 ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:255.255.255.255 and works fine.
Please check if the code is correctly inserted line 676ff (and you did make install and restarted, I hope...)

Maybe it would help dumping all pg_hba.conf-etries after generation of IPv6-adresses.

But there is another problem, which is related. I get a logentry:

LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Die Adresse wird bereits verwendet

You can ignore this, I have it too.

Sorry - I have errormessages in german - I set LANG to nothing, but it looks like not at the right place. It says, that the adress is already in use, but that is not true. Maybe postgres listens at the IPv6-socket first and therefore the IPv4-socket is also in use.

Maybe IPV4 shouldn't be tried if an IPV6 socket is already opened, but I don't know if there are systems that need both sockets to be able to connect to both clients.

Regards,
Andreas