Bruce Momjian wrote:

Because MinGW/Msys doesn't come with flex/bison by default, I have added
those derived files to the WIN32_DEV branch in CVS. It makes it easier
for people to install _just_ MinGW and compile PostgreSQL on Win32. The
branch will live for only 1-2 months until we start 7.5 development. Those files will not be moved into the main branch.

Should those files be in WIN32_DEV CVS, or should they be removed, and
require people to install bison/flex on MinGW.  Even though they will
be updated infrequently, there is concern about CVS file bloat.

I vote for requiring MinGW+flex+bison. On *nix you need a similar combination, so why should MinGW be different? If installing flex and bison on MinGW is too hard you probably shouldn't be building out of CVS, ISTM.

cheers

andrew

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match