--On Friday, September 12, 2003 00:00:43 -0400 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Larry Rosenman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Please, only the first two.  Make the Unixware template add __i386__.
Don't add assumptions about valid user-namespace symbols.

that's reasonable. At least until 64-bit UnixWare. :-)

Even then, I'd prefer to put the necessary kluge into template/unixware or Makefile.unixware or port/unixware.h, rather than add a risky assumption globally.
Sure, and 64-bit UnixWare is 2 years out any way.

Hopefully we can get reasonableness by then.

I've already sent a whine-a-gram to the compiler guys at SCO.

LER

regards, tom lane

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749