Terry Yapt wrote:

Hello all,

I have seen this presentation for new Novell Netware 6.5 version
released about two weeks or so.

http://www.novell.com/products/netware/netware65overview_popup.html

If you check 'Open Source' point, PostgreSQL text and PostgreSQL logo
are showed on the run.

I would be very happy if we could run PostgreSQL on Novell Netware
environment instead of Oracle or MySQL (default database on this
novell OS version) in a near future.

Somebody know if the changes to run  PostgreSQL on Win32 platform will
be provide a easiest port for Novell Netware servers ?

It's been quite a while ago that I did NetWare programming (3.11 NLM, communication protocol for a dbms), and that I had some contact with Netware (4.1), but if Novell didn't change the architecture completely (I doubt that) the native win32 port won't be of any help for implementing PostgreSQL on NetWare. It's very different from Windows and *ix, so it would be a complete third implementation of basic service interfacing.

Regards,
Andreas

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?