I found  postgresql running on the multi CPU machine doesn't have better
performance than single CPU machine. Can you explain the reason? And how to resolve
the problem?

   In the Todo list, I read the below message:

 Add code to detect an SMP machine and handle spinlocks accordingly
 from distributted.net, http://www1.distributed.net/source, in
 client/common/cpucheck.cpp

   I want to know how to handle spinlocks even if it can detect an SMP machine.

   Thank you!