Samuel A Horwitz wrote:
Are these patches going to be applied soon?

Correct.
I had the same error on AIX 5.1 last week (see hackers' list).
As far as 7.4beta is referred two additional patches are needed (see postings by Tom Lane on this topics).

Adding the linker options will solve your problems and PostgreSQL will work nicely.

Regards,

Hans

puh, good question.
I think I have seen that Tom has applied at least one. I think the one you have requested has not been applied yet.
You have to check the COMMITTERS' list to find out. To be honest I don't have it in mind. Tom or Michael Meskes will know for sure.

        Regards,

                Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria